Trusted Professional Piano Moving Services
Canada Moving has the expertise to move your piano no matter the size safely.
We move two types of pianos:
- Upright or Apartment Size
- Grand or Baby Grand
Piano moving is a huge challenge.– largely because an acoustic piano can become irreparably damaged without ever being dropped, banged, or otherwise mishandled.
Be sure that you have an experienced and professional piano mover with the right equipment like Canada Moving; we’ve been moving pianos for more than 50 years.
Often times, the awkward size, or environment it’s being moved from (eg. up a basement flight of stairs, or down an apartment flights of stairs) or even simply, the sheer weight, can be daunting! Many owners may not be aware of issues such as improper moving which may lead to warping, shifts or potential damage to piano, until it is too late to get it fixed!
Get a free online estimate, or call us at a location near to you, to speak to one of our friendly consultants.
Knowledge of Piano Moving is Key!
Being sure that you have an experienced and professional piano mover! Proper piano moving equipment and knowledge of how pianos are constructed, are paramount to a successful, damage-free move.
Today’s pianos also have digital components and sound systems. Those especially combined with a regular piano hammer and string components, make chances for damage that much more a threat.
We at Canada Moving have been moving pianos of all kinds for Canadians for over 50 years. We have experience with every kind of piano move, from an apartment size upright, to a full concert size grand piano.
Understanding the structure and parts of a piano is key to its safe transportation. We have the right equipment, and we know the right techniques, which make us the right choice for your move.
How We Move Different Types Of Pianos
Upright or Apartment size
- Gently load and center piano on a specialty piano skid or a 4 wheel dolly.
- Carefully wrap surface and secure it to skid, and/or dolly.
- Using shoulder straps on a piano skid, carefully move it through your home/business to the truck.
- Secure the piano to an empty wall of the truck, block the wheels on the dolly, and double ratchet strap.
Grand or Baby Grand
- Remove lid, Kickboard and pedals and carefully wrap separately.
- Remove remaining legs, and carefully wrap the body of the piano and secure it to skid.
- Once on a flat ground, gently place piano skid on 4 wheel dolly, and roll into moving truck.
- Secure against empty wall of the truck, and check for movement.
- Then we do it all again in reverse, and put your piano back together in your new home!