COVID-19 Announcement – Canada Moving
We are operational and deemed an essential service; Canada Moving remains committed to our moving customers during this challenging time as we closely monitor COVID-19 updates.
We know that our customers are committed to their moves and that they are not “optional”. We understand everyone’s priority is their personal safety and that of their families and so we have taken the following precautions to protect ourselves and those we come in contact with.
We’re Doing Our Part
The precautions include:
- Providing a budget to each employee to purchase supplies to allow them to wash their hands and insulate themselves against spreading the virus. Given the shortage of supply of certain cleanliness items in different areas, our approach was to allow these employees to best equip themselves given the availability in their area, the allowance was towards: handwashing supplies, gloves, masks, etc.
- Instructed our moving staff to follow best practices: wash their hands frequently and thoroughly, distance themselves as best as possible during their workday, avoid touching their face, etc. We are updating these best practices as the major health organizations & government makes recommendations.
- We have staggered the start times for our crews, allowing one to arrive at our office, equip their trucks and depart before the next arrives to minimize the number of people each crew member comes in contact with during their work day.
- We now require an automatic 14-day quarantine of all staff who have traveled outside of Canada or who live with someone who has traveled outside of Canada.
What We Ask From Our Customers
- Please inform us if you have been tested for or diagnosed with COVID-19, or have been feeling ill.
- If you are in quarantine, either due to a suspected or confirmed diagnosis or due to international travel, please inform us and have a representative oversee the move in your place to minimize the risk of transmission to our staff.
- If you are able to do so, please make a washbasin available to our staff during the move, especially at the beginning and end.